Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, December 15, 2008

"QBQ! The Question Behind the Question"


I have been reading a book the QBQ by John G. Miller. The book is about what you should really ask yourself to eliminate blame, complaining, and procrastination. However, as I was reading the last chapter it hit me how this could be used in FPU. Most of the book is to teach us about personal accountability, "my mess, my responsibility." I do not at all want to beat anyone up, but most of us will admit that the reason why we are in debt bondage is because of our own choices. The book teaches us that we must be asking the "QBQ" in order to start disciplining our thoughts and making better choices. You are to ask questions that begin with "what" or "how", contain "I" and focus on action. So the FPU QBQ should be something like this:

"What can I do to set better financial boundaries and just say NO"?....answer.....a BUDGET!!!
"How can I communicate better with my spouse about our finances"?....answer....a BUDGET!!!

This is the way you should approach the current financial crisis that you are in. Do not lay blame elsewhere. You should take personal accountability for the problem and find a resolution. In a nutshell the success of FPU is about getting on a budget and having a plan for your money. Are you willing to do that and stop blaming everyone else? If so, then have a budget committe meeting this weekend with your spouse. It will truly set you free.

No comments: